Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 4: A Whole Lot of Nothing

     I can definitely already tell that blogging on the weekends is going to be somewhat of a challenge, which is weird given the fact that I have so much more time to do it. But i think there within lies the problem...to much time. I’m cleaning, grocery shopping, switching closets from Winter to Spring, napping and eating out with friends...no real time slot for blogging.
     Nothing really intellectual or exciting on my mind today. I will say that I have a new favorite snack...Del Monte Fruit Natural cups! 
They are delicious and just the right size! The best part, is they do not add sugars to their products, its all naturally flavored. i have tried their grapefruit, pineapple, and Mandarin orange. I’m not sure what others they have, but I will say that grapefruit is my favorite! They are usually on sale for 10 for $10, which is a great deal considering how much fruit costs in general. Its perfect to slip in your lunch bag for an afternoon break. I tend to eat when I am bored, and these fruit cups provide guilt free snacking!
     Went back to Terra again today with my mom for lunch. I thought they would have their $13.99 all you can eat buffet, but I guess they only do that on the weekdays. I tried their Greek Salad today and I have to say, best in Fort Worth. Their dressing is not overpowering at all, and the lettuce tasted so fresh and crispy. We also ate hummus (or course) and I could not resist their yummy falafels, so we ordered some of that too! I introduced my mom to Lulu Lemon today :) I love that place, I just wish it wasn’t so expensive! (http://www.lululemon.com/) Thanks to my sweet mother, however, i have a new pair of awesome yoga pants! This should help kick my butt in gear to go to the gym. its funny, whenever I get knew workout clothes, I always work out more :) So, hopefully this will happen. Tomorrow after brunch I have a goal set to make it to LA Fitness. We have lots of ‘honey-do’s” to do tomorrow, but if nothing else, i will go for a run because it is supposed to be gorgeous outside again. I am SO happy that Spring is just around the corner! Don’t forget to set your clocks forward tonight :) We lose sleep but at least we gain some evening sunshine!    
     This has nothing to do with anything, but isn’t Archie the sweetest thing you’ve ever seen? I think yes! She loves her catnaps :)
     As you can see I’m not much for anything important today. I will spend more time tomorrow with deep insight thoughts and ideas for anyone reading.
 
     Here’s a recipe I can’t wait to make! Sounds absolutely amazing! I would probably not even serve this salad Hot, even though it is entitled “Hot Melon Herb Salad”. Nothing like fresh watermelon and cantaloupe to cool you off on a hot day, which I feel are just around the corner. I’ll make the Nutrition Facts for everyone at work on Monday.

Hot Melon Herb Salad-Hot Salad
Ingredients

2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Red onion, Sliced Thing
2 1/2 Cups Cantaloupe, medium dice
1 Tbsp Fresh basil, chiffonade
1 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chiffonade
1 tsp Fresh Lavender
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
Preparation
Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil and onion and saute for about 2 minutes.
Add the melon and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
Add the basil, mint, lavender, salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and toss melons to coat.
Place mixture onto the serving platter, add the feta cheese and almonds, and serve.


*Have your mind learn to love with compassion*

No comments:

Post a Comment