Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 21: Ouch

So last night I attempted my first Cross Fit class. Most intense work out ever. It hurt to button my shirt this morning, that’s how sore I am. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I don’t really care for working out that way. Everyone was super nice and really motivating, but I absolute hate feeling like I’m bad at something, especially something like sports or working out. After the instructor gave me the walk through of the work out, I was already exhausted. I didn’t even half to do 40 reps of everything, like everyone, I just had to do 20 and I still didn’t complete the entire work out. Granted I made it through all but the last workout, but it was a struggle. I was the only girl with 4 guys (including J who is a champ) and so I was already feeling under qualified. I definitely threw up when the work out was over, and I couldn’t really take a deep breath in until about 30 minutes after the work out. I have this weird old man cough at the moment, that I’ve had since the work out, and I think it’s my lungs saying “thanks for almost killing us last night”. I felt like a complete failure because I could hardly even get off the floor when it was time to go, but at least the guys were really sweet to me. They were saying the usual “aw you were awesome, I mean most people can’t even get through one after a couple months”, etc…all the things you say to people who are definitely not up for what the workout has in store. The only saving grace was the J said it was one of th hardest workouts he’s ever done there, and he has been going for a couple months. Still, I don’t like the feeling of not being immediately good at something. I will go back with him, but probably not tonight as promised, because I seriously can’t move. Cross Fit is not for the faint of heart, and I definitely applaud anyone who goes all the time…
On another note, I can’t believe it’s not even 9am yet. How the heck am I supposed to sit here for another 7 hours! UGH I am so ready for a vacation. I'll post a recipe later...I'm over it today

No comments:

Post a Comment